Cancer & Cardiac Recovery
As the interest in more holistic approaches to healing is growing, yoga therapy for cancer patients and cancer survivors is emerging as one of the more successful methods for combating the physical discomfort of cancer and cancer treatment.
1. Stimulate blood flow to nourish the tissues & remove toxins
2. Dissipate tension and anxiety
3. Strengthen the immune system through gentle movements and breathing exercises
4. Restore motion and flexibility
5. An ideal, balanced form of whole-body exercise that is gentle and gradual
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Restorative yoga postures supported with bolsters, blankets, and chairs.
Breathing and calming techniques, gentle movements and gentle strengtheners.
Work at your own level of ability.
Small class (3- 5 participants) and individual attention.
Location: Home Studio, Unit 29-56 Alice St. West, Thornbury
Cost: $210 for 6 consecutive weeks
Deposit of $35 required to hold your place.
Time: Tuesdays March13 - April 17, 2018
Joanne is a graduate of the 100 hour Yoga of the Heart® – Cardiac and Cancer Therapy Training Program in New York. She is also a certified Yoga Therapist accredited by The International Association of Yoga Therapists.